Monday, June 6, 2011

sponsored kids need to feel loved

I wanted to write a little post about writing to your sponsored children. I know that the very first day I picked and sponsored my little girl from the Philippines I wrote her an email. Once that email gets to the center where she lives it will be translated and she will receive it. She will then be able to write or draw me back.

It doesn't take long to write an email or a letter. Everyone should be able to spare 10-15 mins once or twice a month. These letters will let your sponsored child know that you really are thinking about them and that you do care. This can form lasting bonds and you and they will be able to share personal things and prayers for each other.

Something else to remember is that you can sent small "gifts" to your sponsored children. I am planning on sending pretty band-aids, coloring pages, and some stickers to my little girl once I receive her information packet. I am also going to let my daughter color pictures for her.(I might have to join her in the coloring)

Just remember that when they are in that situation is is easy for them to feel like they are worthless and that no one cares. By writing you are correcting that thought process and you give them a little sunshine on the days the letters arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment